A lot of people are trying to get rich by becoming a real estate tycoon, purchasing and renovating properties in an attempt to achieve the ‘American Dream’. However, what if I were to tell you that there was a simpler way to make money? With Vivint Solar Energy, you can actually start earning cash while still keeping your full-time job!
You see, Vivint Solar Energy provides solar electricity systems for people that want to be more energy-efficient and independent from the electricity company. In fact, you can get a solar-powered system that fits perfectly on your rooftop or property and generates more energy than you use – sometimes even paying for itself!
So, how does Vivint Solar Energy work?
(1) Understand the basics of solar energy.
(2) Select a reputable solar company.
(3) Contract for the size of system that you need – the more electricity you need, the bigger the system you need. Take your time choosing the right one for you.
You can also get a discounted rate if you’re signing up for a longer period – so, be sure to ask about that when you’re ordering.
(4) Once you’ve gotten the system and are utilizing it, begin to observe your energy expenses – if you’re seeing an increase, consider whether or not you’re benefiting from the system and how you can improve your energy consumption and efficiency.
(5) Finally, begin to generate some money by selling your extra energy to the electricity company – or, as an alternative, buy energy credits from renewable energy sources such as solar or wind power.
Let’s take a closer look at each step to help you get started.
STEP #1: UNDERSTAND THE BASICS OF SOLAR ENERGY
You may wonder what solar energy is and how it works – here’s some background information to help you understand it better:
- Solar energy is the energy that naturally comes from the Sun. In other words, it is the energy that the Sun gives off and which we can use to power our homes and businesses. This is sometimes called ‘clean energy’ because it is generally considered to be good for the environment. Of course, energy from the Sun can be both clean and green at the same time.
- The amount of energy that the Sun emits changes throughout the year – with the highest amount of energy being released during the summer months and the least amount in the winter months. Typically, we look at the amount of energy that the Sun emits in terms of ‘watts’ – one Watt is one thousand candles and is equal to one million lumens. Thus, 1 kilowatt solar (1000 Watts) system provides enough light for 1000 hours of continuous use. In other words, it will last you for one day. Remember, the more powerful your lamp, the more light it will emit and the less energy it will consume.
- Most people are familiar with energy as they relate to electricity. However, solar energy is different because it is usable to power anything that you can plug into an outlet. For example, you can use solar energy to charge your laptop or cell phone. In fact, the energy produced by a solar system is usually enough to power all the appliances and electronics in your home. Additionally, you can use the energy to heat your home during the winter months and cool it down in the summer.
- In the United States, the price of solar energy has been declining rapidly because more people are realizing the benefits of having a source of clean, renewable energy on-site. In some markets, such as Hawaii, people have been able to buy solar energy systems that are up to ten years old for the price of a brand-new car! It’s definitely an investment that can pay off in the long run.
So, as you can see, solar energy is a form of renewable energy – which means that it will eventually come back and be restored within the Earth. This is a good thing because fossil fuels such as oil and coal will eventually run out and when they do, we will be left with nothing more than toxic waste and climate change.
STEP #2: SELECT A REPUTABLE SOLAR COMPANY
As mentioned above, many folks are trying to get rich by purchasing and renovating properties in an attempt to achieve the ‘American Dream’. However, if I were you, I’d steer clear of any companies that are not established and reputable – it’s usually best to invest in companies that have been in business for many years and have an excellent reputation.
There are plenty of solid, established solar companies out there that provide quality services and products – so, be sure to take your time choosing the right one for you. Below, I’ve listed a few reputable, solar-related companies with whom you can register with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) if you’d like to get a feel for their customer service track record.
STEP #3: CONTACT THE COMPANY TO SCHEDULE A FORMAL INTERVIEW
Once you’ve found a reputable solar company, be sure to contact them right away to schedule a formal interview. During this interview, the salesperson will walk you through the process of selecting the right solar system for your home and business. In addition to helping you choose the right size system for your needs, the Salesperson will also provide expert advice on how to install it and use it most efficiently. After the interview, you can rest assured that you’ve found a company that is experienced, reliable and offers great customer service.
STEP #4: ORDER THE SOLAR SYSTEM
Once you’ve scheduled a formal interview with a solar company, be sure to order the solar system immediately. As mentioned above, the more electricity you need, the bigger the system you need. Before placing the order, take your time choosing the right one for you. Remember, there are many different kinds of solar systems available and, as such, you may need to try a few out to find the best one.
The best way to find out what size system is right for you is by contacting the company via phone or email and requesting an informational package. This package usually contains a product brochure, FAQs (frequently asked questions), installation manuals and other information pertinent to the installation of the product.
The only downside to this approach is that you will need to follow up with the company to confirm that your order has been received and that you’ve been given a delivery date. Most companies offer some type of guarantees when it comes to delivery times, so if you’re not comfortable with the idea of waiting a couple of weeks for your new hardware, then this might not be the right choice for you.
STEP #5: USE THE PRODUCT
After you’ve received the solar system, be sure to use it immediately – this will help you determine whether or not it is an appropriate choice for your needs. If you’ve been given a 3-year warranty, then be sure to use it over the next three years.
Here’s an example of how the warranty could work: Say that you’ve ordered a 1 kilowatt solar system – the system will generate enough energy for, at least, two days. If you were to experience a problem during the warranty period, then the company would need to come out and repair or replace your product. For a couple of days, your power would be disrupted as they repair your product. Once they’ve fixed it, you can use it as normal. Essentially, the warranty gives you peace of mind in knowing that, if you do experience a problem, then the company will fix it or replace it – at no additional charge to you!
However, if you’ve been given a 1-year warranty or less, then you might not need to worry about using the product over the next year – if it’s under warranty, then the company will fix it or replace it at no additional charge to you. If it’s not under warranty, then you will be responsible for paying for any repairs or replacements.
STEP #6: MONITOR YOUR COSTS > BENEFITS
One of the primary reasons that a lot of people are trying to get rich by purchasing and renovating properties is that solar energy is becoming more and more affordable. As mentioned above, the price of solar energy has been declining rapidly because more people are realizing the benefits of having a source of clean, renewable energy on-site. In some places, such as Hawaii, people have been able to buy solar energy systems that are up to ten years old for the price of a brand-new car!