Solar energy is undoubtedly the future of power. Not only does it provide a cleaner alternative to traditional energy sources, but it is also increasingly affordable. The technology is also incredibly flexible – allowing for homeowners to generate their own electricity, use green energy sources, or anything in between. One of the newest trends in the solar energy industry is solar townhouses. What are solar townhouses, and how can you benefit from them? Let’s take a closer look.
The Rise In Popularity
It’s fair to say that the popularity of solar energy has spiked in recent years. Not only has it become a lot more affordable due to the decline in the cost of solar cell technology, but it has also become a lot more accessible. Thanks to the increased use of smart devices, such as smartphones and smart watches, individuals can now easily determine how much energy they use on a daily basis. This, in turn, makes it much easier for them to decide how much electricity they need and how they can produce it. If we compare this to the early days of solar energy, when power generation was performed by solar panels placed on the roofs of homes and businesses, it’s clear that the technology has come a long way. Today, it is possible to find a whole host of solar powered devices, from small appliances to large-scale systems, which are perfect for specific uses and situations.
Where Do These Units Come From?
These types of townhouses are popping up all over the world. The technology has been around for a while, but it’s only in the past few years that they’ve become a popular choice. The vast majority of solar townhouses are manufactured in northern Europe – in particular, Norway. The country leads the way in term of green energy production and is well-known for its spectacular, dark winter nights. This has led to an incredible interest in creating cost-effective ways of making the most of these precious sunsets and sunrises – with the development of solar townhouses.
Advantages Of Solar Townhouses
If you’re looking for advantages of solar townhouses, you’re going to discover a number of them. We’ll highlight a few of these below.
- Affordability: It’s extremely affordable to produce your own electricity with a solar townhouse. The cost of the technology, while gradually declining, is still relatively low in comparison to traditional energy sources.
- Security: With the rise in cybercrime and hacking attempts, especially in relation to financial data, it is beneficial to have a power source which is not susceptible to digital hacks. In addition, the technology provides a remote control over energy production, making it a lot more convenient if you’re trying to keep an eye on children or pets during the day.
- Mobility: It’s incredibly easy to move a solar townhouse from one place to another. This makes them a lot more portable and a lot more suited to traveling and exploring. If you’re going on a long-term vacation and want to bring your energy supply along with you, this is certainly an option.
- Resilience: Even if you do lose power for a short period of time due to extreme weather conditions or a power outage, the technology allows you to continue generating electricity remotely – helping to keep your supplies running. In addition, many solar houses come with backup generators which ensure that they continue to function even if the grid goes down.
- Flexibility: These units are incredibly flexible when it comes to usage. You can use them to generate electricity when the sun is shining or when it isn’t – depending on whether you want to utilize solar or other forms of energy during that time. Ultimately, this provides much more versatility and makes the technology much more suitable for a variety of situations.
Types Of Solar Townhouses
There are several different types of solar townhouses. We’ll run through a few of the most popular ones here.
- Front Loader: A front loader takes power from the grid and stores it in a large battery, which can then be released to supply power to homes and businesses. Once the battery is full, it needs to be charged and can then be used again. This type of unit is widely available and is a great choice for those living in regions where the sun shines relentlessly throughout the year. This makes it much easier to keep the lights on all year round.
- Back Loader: A back loader is exactly the same as a front loader, except that it operates in the opposite manner. That is, it draws electricity from the home or business during off-peak hours, when electricity prices are low, and stores it in a large battery for use during peak hours. This type of system is a great choice for regions where electricity supply is unreliable.
- Dual Fuel: These units can run on either fuel – giving you an additional energy supply when needed. The most popular and widely used type of dual fuel is LNG (liquefied natural gas). This type of fuel is clean and has many advantages which make it highly suitable for use in both vehicles and stationary applications. However, it is important to note that not all LNG containers are created equal. It is extremely important to get the right type for the right application. Not all LNG containers are built equal. When choosing this type of fuel, you need to ensure that it is approved for use in your area and that the installation and operation of the tank complies with all local and national regulations.
- Grid Tied: These homes and businesses are connected to the grid and get their electricity directly from the utility company. They still generate their own power however, so no electricity bills are incurred. This makes grid tied solar townhouses a great choice for those looking for the ultimate in financial and energy savings.
How Do They Work?
The technology behind solar townhouses is, in most cases, fairly simple. The sun provides the energy and drives various appliances, such as water heaters and chargeable devices, which in turn supply electricity to the home or business.
The simplicity and the fact that they are comparatively cheap to manufacture means that there is no shortage of suppliers seeking to enter this market. This helps to drive down the cost of solar townhouses. Today, you can pick up a decent grid connected solar townhouse for under $1500.
Where Can I Buy One Of These Units?
If you’re interested in buying a solar townhouse, the best place to start is from the government agency, which provides financial assistance for those looking to purchase alternative energy supplies. Depending on your circumstances, you might be eligible for a number of grants and low-interest loans – making it much simpler to purchase a solar unit. This is an option available to virtually everybody. The only thing you need is a good credit score and existing financial resources. Your local library might also have a copy of a book which provides detailed how-to’s on applying for these grants and loans. In some cases, it is also possible to directly purchase a solar unit from the supplier. The best place to start in this case would be a local retailers such as Electric Mountain. They normally offer good prices for quality solar products and provide friendly customer service – ideal for those wanting to get involved in renewable energy.
The Bottom Line
It’s clear that the future of power lies in alternative energy. Not only are we moving away from traditional forms of power generation and toward more environmentally friendly alternatives, but we’re also seeing a huge spike in the popularity of solar energy. The technology provides a number of advantages, not the least of which is the affordability of the units – making it possible for more people to generate their own electricity. This in turn helps to reduce their dependency on the grid. If you’re looking for a way to save money and reduce your energy bills while also providing a clean energy supply, then solar townhouses are a great choice.