If you’re looking to make a career change and are interested in the renewable energy sector, then you’ve come to the right place! We’re going to take a look at some of the best upcoming jobs in solar power, which will give you a taste of what working in renewable energy is like.
Solar Power Engineer
If you’re looking for a new career and want to be based overseas but need a high degree of travel, then this position might be for you! Employers are searching for experienced solar power engineers to join their teams in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. The role of a solar power engineer is to design and build photovoltaic (PV) systems that convert sunlight into electricity. This is a very challenging job because there is a high degree of technical expertise required to build a sustainable PV system while also having the ability to take a project from concept to completion. In addition to this, the role requires a lot of international travel, so you’ll need to be comfortable working remotely when needed (at least 80% of the time).
Since most solar power projects require a lot of engineering expertise, employers are able to offer very significant salaries, particularly in the German and Austrian markets. In addition to this, working in the German and Austrian markets also has the benefit of allowing you to utilize your university education, as many of these jobs require a degree in electrical engineering. To find out more, visit the following websites:
- German Solar Energy Group – The German Solar Energy Group is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing German communities with access to sustainable and renewable energy. This includes solar power, which has become a popular option for those seeking to generate their own electricity, as well as wind power and hydroelectric stations, which are more commonly used in rural areas. This organization recruits internationally and offers German citizenship to those who apply. For more information, visit their website.
- Austrian Public Employment Service – The Austrian Public Employment Service (ÖffentlicherBetrieb) is a government agency that provides job opportunities in various industries for the Austrian population. They have a dedicated website where you can learn more about current job opportunities, as well as connect with employers seeking to hire fresh graduates. If you’re interested, browse their website regularly to see what opportunities arise.
- Eco Tourism Austria – At Eco Tourism Austria, you’ll be working in one of the most scenic countries in the world. If you have a general interest in nature and wilderness, then this might be the job for you! The Swiss government-sponsored organization recruits internationally and offers a very unique working environment, where you’ll have the opportunity to see incredible sights such as the Matterhorn and Mont Blanc. If you’re interested, browse their website for current opportunities or contact them directly by email.
- SolarFactory – This is the company that owns all the renewable energy plants in Switzerland. They offer a wide range of opportunities, from plant mangers to those seeking an entry level position. If you’re interested in a career in renewable energy, then this is the company to join!
- SolarPower – This is the company that owns all the renewable energy plants in Austria. They offer a wide range of opportunities, from plant managers to those seeking an entry level position. If you’re interested in a career in renewable energy, then this is the company to join!
- e-Werk Switzerland – e-Werk is one of the largest suppliers of office products and furniture in Europe, with 17 distribution centers across Switzerland. The company was established in 1948 and now has some 300 sales outlets across the country. If you’re looking for an entry-level position, then this might be the option for you!
- Werkspotting – This is the company that owns all the green spaces in Switzerland, including the famous Waldschächer Park. If you have a general interest in horticulture and gardening, then this might be the job for you! You’ll be entering a world of plants and flowers, with lots of opportunities to learn!
Solar System Integrator
If you’re looking for a new career but want to be based in Europe, then this is the job for you! The role of a solar system integrator is to design, install, and maintain PV systems for businesses and individuals. Your duties will include performing calculations to determine the size of PV arrays that will meet a client’s needs, designing the systems, and then implementing them. You’ll need a strong background in mathematics, electronics, and mechanical engineering. In addition to this, you’ll need to have experience in wiring, planning, and supervising large-scale electrical projects. Since a lot of the work involves traveling, you’ll need to be comfortable working remotely (at least 80% of the time).
Due to the high level of technical expertise required, employers in this field can offer very significant salaries. In addition to this, many employers offer additional perks such as healthcare, dental, and vision insurance, as well as stock options. To find out more, visit the following websites: